EMPÚRIES – Concerts al Fòrum Romà – 2018
Empúries is one of the areas with greatest cultural interest of Catalonia with a beautiful natural setting. A space specially chosen with a long tradition of live music concerts, where the environment, art and music turn into authentic magical summer nights. One of the most privileged stage of our history, gateway of Greek and Roman culture in the Iberian Peninsula. An exceptional site where the remains of a Greek city coexist with a Roman city remains.
Empúries. Concerts at the Fòrum Romà, is the name that consolidates the summer musical proposal at the ruins of Empúries. From summer 2014, TEMProductions and the Museum of Archaeology of Catalonia – Empúries, has organized a total of 19 concerts and have been enjoyed by more than 14,000 people. This year, and after the good response from the public in previous editions, we present the program from 2018.
Viernes 3 de agosto :: JORGE DREXLER + JUDIT NEDDERMANN
Jorge Drexler presents live the songs of Salvavidas de hielo (2017), a work recorded between the City of Mexico and Madrid and where all the sounds of the album (percussions, drums, loops, synthesizers …) have been produced with the elements and materials of the guitar. Drexler remains faithful to his love for the challenges and the experimentation, turning a single instrument into a true band that, to be able to reproduce it live, counts with four excellent musicians: Martin Leiton, Javi Calequi, Borja Barrueta and Carlos Campi Campon.
Jorge Drexler, vocals and guitars
Martin Leiton, Leona, guitarrón, electric bass and backing vocals
Javi Calequi, guitars and backing vocals
Borja Barrueta, drums, percussion and backing vocals
Carlos Campi Campon, synthesizers, guitars, percussion and backing vocals
Judit Neddermann presents the songs of her third solo album. Nua (2018). (Naked). A record sung in Catalan but we also find songs in Spanish and Portuguese. We are facing a more mature Judit, despite his youth, where she once again opens up to sing and share her experiences, sincere and unreserved. A performance that will open on the night of 3rd of August.
Judit Neddermann: vocals
Pau Figueres: Spanish guitar and electric guitar
Dídac Fernández: drums and percussion
· In person sell points: Lockers Museum Box Office
· Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
· The organization is not responsible for purchases that are not in the official sales channels.
· The opening doors will be from 21 am.
· The access to the premises will be from: Access 1: Usually for vehicles, at the end of the indicated road that leads to the to the archaeological site(Puig i Cadafalch street in l’Escala). Access 2: Pedestrian access only from the seafront walk, between Sant Martí d’Empúries and the town center of L’Escala (Porta Marina)
We would like to remind you that the archaeological site of Empúries is an area of great historical and cultural interest, so we ask the visitors and the festival assistants to take care and respect for the environment.
• Free parking inside the premises, with limited places. Having overcome the existing spaces, access to vehicles is not allowed and other Empúries nearby public car parks can be used.
• A Bar area service will be found at the festival premises.
• More information about accommodation can be found on: here
• How to get there information: here
WE RECOMMENDED THE ACCESS AT THE PREMISES WITH SUFFICIENT TIME TO FACILITATE THE TASKS OF CAR PARKING AND ACCOMMODATION ON THE SEATS
A production of:
With the collaboration of:
With the support of: